The Top Seven Attributes of a Great Speaker
When Cheapest UGG Boots Online sitting in an audience, we know when we are captivated by an engaging speaker. We are completely connected to every word that comes out of their mouth and leave with a wealth of new ideas or inspiration for life or business. A great speaker enhances and adds to what we already know and provides a dialogue on new and exciting ideas.
However, what makes a speaker truly great?
1. Being an expert/ master in their field- A speaker must have expertise, be incredibly knowledgeable on their subject through wide research and keep up to date with their industry. They will be a ‘master’ of their subject and able to answer questions on it with authority. Additionally, a great speaker has written books, blogs or articles to reinforce their own knowledge and add to others.
2. Animation and charisma- This is vital to Cheap UGGs Outlet grab and hold the audience’s attention. A speaker should demonstrate enthusiasm whilst making the subject interesting and easy to access. If charisma does not come naturally, it is something that can be worked on- be aware of changes in your voice and pitch or volume, and of your hand gestures. Practise in front of a mirror or in front of others. Ultimately, be animated and talk as if you have discovered your subject for the first time.
3. Their attitude to speaking- As well as having charisma, a great speaker should be down to earth and able to converse freely and naturally with their audience. It is important as well for a speaker to be open to criticism and feedback on their speeches, so they can improve.
4. Involving their audience- Great speakers interact with their audience through discussion, question and Cheap UGG Sandals For Women answers or small group activities. This encourages dialogue and makes sure the audience get more out of their day and can access the ideas being put across,
whilst giving them input.
5. Using interesting anecdotes in their speeches- A great speaker makes their speech interesting and rich UGGs On Sale At Macy’s with personal or funny anecdotes, creating a lasting impression in the audience’s mind.
6. Are versatile- Some speakers wander throughout their audience whilst others stand still. Some take questions during their speech, others don’t. All speakers differ,
but most importantly,
must be versatile. You don’t have to stick to one style of speech but do what is best for you and your audience.
7. Will network and socialise after their speech- It is important once the speech is done and you have made an impression, to network for full impact, if allowed to on site. A great speaker may do book signings or meet and greets with their audience members. Always remember your business cards.
Follow these 7 tips and you’re on your way to being a great speaker